Kangaroo Point Rovers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR

+6
Julz
Arty
Lucas
togers
Branty
El Presidente Hawke
10 posters

Go down

Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR Empty Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR

Post  El Presidente Hawke Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 am

I am looking for people who are potentially interested in joining a fantasy KPR league. If you are interested, please respond to this post (with a preference to entry fee).

It would work exactly like the Foxsports Fantasy Premier League system (check out their website for full rules). i.e. Each player will be assigned a worth, and you will need to pick your side in a 4-4-2 formation with one bench player should some one be injured. You will have a maximum of $100 to invest in your team (more than we actually pay our real players). You will be allowed to make one substitute each week (instead of two).

It will be done via email, and the results will be shown up here on the forum. It will be a Head v Head comp, with an entry fee, and prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I'm thinking either $50 - $100

You are allowed to bribe players in real life to perform better for you if required.

Points as listed in the foxsports rules
For playing in a game 1
For playing at least 60 minutes in a game (includes playing points mentioned above) 2
For each goal scored by your goalkeeper or defenders 6
For each goal scored by your midfielders 5
For each goal scored by your forwards 4
For each goal assist 3
For your goalkeeper conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your defenders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 4
For your midfielders conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) 1
For every penalty save 5
For every penalty miss -2
For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders -1
For every yellow card -1
For every red card (includes any yellow card points) -3
For every 3 saves 1
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR Empty Re: Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR

Post  Branty Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 am

I want to be in on it (I think).

But I am a little flummoxed as to how this thing actually works.

Please help me understand your ways O'Master!!
Branty
Branty

Back to top Go down

Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR Empty Re: Expressions of Interest - Fantasy KPR

Post  togers Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:12 am

count me in Hawk maybe $5 or $10 entry
togers
togers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:28 am

Interested
Lucas
Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  Arty Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:38 pm

Lucas, we need to score it like play the game
Arty
Arty

Back to top Go down

Post  togers Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:09 pm

lucas pity your not interested in training Wink
togers
togers

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Refer to the avatar Togers ---->
Lucas
Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  Julz Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:12 am

Yea, I'm keen as mustard
Julz
Julz

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 am

Good to see some interest in this. Arty we cannot score it like play the game, we need to just use basic performance indicators so that it can be easily tracked. Also, there are not enough KPR players to sustain a league of more than 6 teams. It would be funny, but maybe when KPR has more teams we can do this.

Branty, the process will go as follows. Toggers and I will get pissed. From there we will assign a monetary value to each KPR player, based on their potential and ability to score points within the Fantasy Football Competition. We will also break players down into positions.

From here, you, the competitors will need to select a side from the available KPR players, and play them in a 4-4-2 formation, with a GK as well. You will also be able to select a substitute who can cover a player if he/she is injured and unable to play. Each week you will be able to make one change to your team. You can also select a captain who will score double points for the round. Scoring is judged as per my first post.

Each round, your team will play against someone else's team (i.e. Togers v Branty) and the person who's team scores the most points, wins that fixture and is awarded 3 points for a win, or 1pt for a draw.

The competitor who has the most points at the end of the regular season will win a prize.

I suggest we have 12 or 24 players (or multiple leagues) to allow for a home and away against each person.

I suggest we look at a $20 entry fee, with 60% 1st prize, 30% 2nd Prize, and 10% 3rd prize.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Director of Football Eli Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:29 am

Am keen too hawk, prob 10-20 bucks entry fee??
Director of Football Eli
Director of Football Eli

Back to top Go down

Post  Branty Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 am

All sounds very good. Nice work. I am in.

Can we also do our own tipping comp within the club?
Branty
Branty

Back to top Go down

Post  Warhead Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:09 am

Sounds great Branty....

Even though im not playing this year due to work, Ill be down Bobble Park for quite a few sneaky souvlakis and coronas myself.

Is there a captain in this fantasy team worth double points? And maybe you can pick players from other teams too?? (e.g Moseph, Pablo, the big Adebayor fella from Annerley??)

I want Big E to strap on the boots so ill make him my captain.

Warhead

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:01 am

Boys,

Read the previous email: $20 entry fee (this is more than fair), and yes there are captains.

No there won't be players from other teams, too hard to track their results.

Tipping comp sounds like a possibility, were you thinking a Division 2 Tipping comp, along with reserves or what? I'll only consider it if more than 12 people join (its a bit of effort to set one up for a small amount of people. $20 entry fee with this, and the same amount of prizes are per fantasy team.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Presto Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 pm

I'd like points for sucking, cus I always suck at everything fantasy - oh crap did I say that out loud?
Presto
Presto

Back to top Go down

Post  KWhite Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm

joined the forum like you told me 2 Timmy and im sure ul love my profile pic ha!
yea id be up 4 the fantasy team sounds like a gud laugh!
KWhite
KWhite

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:57 am

Ok,

So i'm going to run one Fantasy comp of 12 people. If out of nowhere some other people decide to read the forum AND ALSO POST ON IT then we can look at setting up another league

So far we have Hawke, Presto, Keet, Warhead, Eli, Branty, Lucas, Togers, Julz, Arty. Thats 10 for those who can't or can't be arsed to count.

There will be no tipping comp unless someone else wants to run it. I can't be arsed.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down