Kangaroo Point Rovers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bayside Pre-Season Tournament

4 posters

Go down

Bayside Pre-Season Tournament Empty Bayside Pre-Season Tournament

Post  El Presidente Hawke Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:15 pm

What an awesome start to the season guys. Ressies unfortunately went down 3-1, in a game they absolutely dominated, and conceded two late goals, but definitly showed the signs that Coach Silvester was wanting to see.

First grade however won 2-1. Two goals to the mercurial Clifford O-Grady were well worked and well deserved. Considering Bayside are talking themselves up for Promotion, have stolen 3 of our great players from last year, and have an experienced coach with unmatched resources in Premier Division two, shows that money and poaching players will just not get you a good team.

Given our ground was under heavy repair, limiting the opportunities to play large sized games, and that this was our first hit out with many new faces, there are good signs for a successful season at 'the piney'.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Bayside Pre-Season Tournament Empty Re: Bayside Pre-Season Tournament

Post  togers Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:44 am

Great first hit out last night good signs for the season for both teams!

Good job with getting the website up and going. Hopefully some good banter this year on the forum. Well in Hawk Very Happy
togers
togers

Back to top Go down

Post  Branty Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:43 am

As much fun as a weekend on the goldcoast was, it just doesn't compare to how good that must have felt at the weekend.

Well done boys. A good season ahead.
Branty
Branty

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:48 am

rumours abound that Mo, Pablo, and Graham are all looking for returns to KPR after Bayside went down in the pre-seaon friendly are unconfirmed but highly amusing.

KPR looking to receive their first bit of silverwear this season with the Bayside Invitation Pre-Season Tournament as they are now joint favourites.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Branty Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:52 am

You'd have to think that Pablo would only grab a spot on the bench if the match report is anything to go by. Unless he is handy with a pair of gloves on and diving around in an Arty Raptis styley.

Is the match going to be put onto DVD and be made available at all good stores?
Branty
Branty

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucas Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:53 am

Good to see the website & forum back up and running, nice work Hawk! Look forward to plenty of good banter throughout the season.

You might have to remove your eye patch though elPresidente as I wouldn't say the Reserves dominated, I thought a draw would have been a fair result in the end. Both sides had similar chances, unfortunately they took theirs but we didn't take ours. Good signs though for our first real hit out of pre-season, particularly given we've only touched the ball at training for about a total of 30 mins so far!
Lucas
Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:24 am

I wouldn't be a communist dictator of a president if I didnt have an eyepatch now would I?

I think we thoroughly dominated, with Togers potentially bagging 5 goals, and Wattsy another 2. I take the blame for their misses as we have had the goal mouths sectioned off.

I think we'll be more than fine this year, if we can manage injuries and time away, both teams will be pushing for top 4 spots.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  togers Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:29 am

Hawk 5 is a bit too many should have had 3. Remember it's big cat chasing down long balls i'm not as quick as wattsy or as fit every ball chased equals 4 to 5 mins of recovery time.

Plenty of time staying after training tonight doing shooting training is needed though. After the poor shooting on display Logan now has the coveted yellow leaders jersey (no. 9 shirt) for Friday nights game.

Good to see you have the eye patch on though pirat
togers
togers

Back to top Go down

Post  El Presidente Hawke Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:44 am

Match report is now up for reserves.
El Presidente Hawke
El Presidente Hawke

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content