Kangaroo Point Rovers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where are they now....

+2
Frank
flah
6 posters

Go down

Where are they now.... Empty Where are they now....

Post  flah Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello all,

At work on a rainy miserable day in London and can't help but let my mind wander back to sunny Saturdays in Raymond Park. Anyway, since the glorious summer of 07/08 a lot of the KPR team have moved on to different clubs and I thought this might be a good way of letting people know what club you are with now and how it's going. (Ya never know, a club tour to Australia may happen!)

Obviously I'm living in London now but you'll be glad to know I'm still wearing a yellow jersey, this time for a club called Sporting Hackney.

www.sporting.co.uk

Hope all is well and although the plans for a return to Brissie are on hold for now, the will to return is still very much there.

Slan.

Flah
flah
flah

Back to top Go down

Where are they now.... Empty On the brighter side of London...

Post  Frank Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

OK it's not very bright at the opposite end of London, pretty wet & miserable in Putney too, I'm missing Brisbane and all things KPR, looking forward to being part of things again when I come back in April. Maybe (but probably not) with my B licence.

Frank.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Where are they now.... Empty Re: Where are they now...

Post  flah Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

It's probably the same cloud I can see over Fulham Broadway mate! I'm living in Chelsea but ended up playing with Hackney as a few mates were already with the club. I play my Gaelic football with Fulham Irish though, we're based at Hurlingham Park.

I need to remember life without an umbrella again!
flah
flah

Back to top Go down

Where are they now.... Empty Re: Where are they now....

Post  GB Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm currently living in Melbourn, a small village in Cambridgeshire where I am the village's tallest barman. My exceptional footballing skills have not been utilised since I moved on from Stoke where I was slotting them away with mundane regularity in a 6-a-side outdoor team for RBS. Due to my hours regular football is not an option - not that this weather is enticing me to get out and kick a ball. How many other former Piney's are currently residing in the UK? I believe Dobbo lives just outside London as well?

Cheers,

GB (aka Grant Brown...)

GB

Back to top Go down

Post  RALPH MCPHERSON Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:38 am

well while in spain I played briefly with squalery fc before succoming to a knee injury , I then moved to portugal on an incentive based deal with polotuy rangers where my finely tuned skills were put to good use by a very astute coach who lured me to germany at seasons end for a 6 game stint with schleidenvaagen football club where I instantly became a crowd favourite due to my post goal antics. Due to being under contract (technically. Long story , dont get me started) I am currently training with arkacarcus in greece but am unable to play until the december 31 deadline. When my stint in greece is complete Im hoping for a contract to be thrown my way from an australian club so I can play a year or two in my homeland. Anyway , training beckons so Id best be off.

RALPH MCPHERSON

Back to top Go down

Post  Branty Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:22 am

I rejected a lucrative offer of playing in the UAE Women's Handball team in order to stay at Kangaroo Point Rovers, remaining on the injury list for a very long time.

Haven't looked back yet.
Branty
Branty

Back to top Go down

Post  flah Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:43 pm

That and the whole not being allowed out of the country issue, or is that still a secret??
flah
flah

Back to top Go down

Post  darren mclaren Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:55 pm

hi guys , after a lengthy battle against depression brought on by a career ending injury playin for port augusta bullants , i put on 23 kilos and hit the bottle. i " found " a woman on the net ! her name is ping chong, she helped a great deal and when her family arrived here i had to get abigger house! so now i live in dapto and coach the local under 10s, the mighty dapto dingoes. im off the grog and loseing the kilos fast, ping gives me a workout every night so i should be fightin fit soon! GO KPR and the dapto dingoes in 2010!!!!!

darren mclaren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum