Kangaroo Point Rovers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester City

3 posters

Go down

Manchester City Empty Manchester City

Post  togers Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:38 am

Not much happening for a while on the forum so I though this topic might cause a bit of discussion.

What does everyone think about the new takeover at Man City (I know lucas and joey would be licking their lips)?

Will they break into the top 4 and challenge of the title or become just another take over club with money and potenital eg Portsmouth.

I was always hoping that DIC would take over Liverpool to push the club onwards with good influx of cash. I think with ADUG taking over at Man City will be huge for them and maybe not this year but certinally next I think they will be challenging if not winning the title. The culture that is in the UAE is to be bigger and better than the rest and already with the capture of robinho it shows that they will splash the cash and with a bigger fortune than Roman I think they'll pay through the roof to get certain players. I would like to see what happens if DIC end up buying Liverpool or any other club as the competition between Dubai and Abu Dhabi is huge and each place will want a more sucessful club with the best and most marketable players avaliable.

I know i'll put some money on Man City at the TAB for winning the premiership on handicap as I think again in the Jan transfer window they'll go after some big names again.
togers
togers

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Empty Re: Manchester City

Post  Lucas Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:20 pm

Yeah very good news for City, those arabs will be spending up a storm in January. Apparently they have come out and said that they will give an open cheque book to the club to sign the likes of Fabregas, Torres, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy, Thierry Henry, David Villa. We'll probably sit just outside of the top 4 this season, however if they purchase well in January and these arabs don't get their assets frozen, we can challenge for the title next season.

I like this quote from Noel Gallagher:
“It’s nice to know that every gallon of petrol a Manchester United fan buys is going into our transfer kitty.”
Lucas
Lucas

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Empty Manchester City

Post  flah Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Thanks to Noel Gallaghers comment, I've walked everywhere in the last few days or taken the tube!!! Ha
flah
flah

Back to top Go down

Manchester City Empty Re: Manchester City

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down